All about Auctions
|Auction||Ebay||Government Auction||Public Auction|
Everything imaginable is sold at auction and auctions are a great place to buy. You do need to have patience to sit through the auction until they get to the items you want to bid on. You may even have to go to several auctions to get exactly what you want.
Here are some tips for you.
* Auction houses have a viewing time when you can go and inspect the merchandise. By all means do that as the items are usually sold as is, where is, without delivery. Make sure it is a reputable auction company. You can check them out by calling the auction licensing department in your state capitol.
* I can't stress enough doing your homework on prices. Decide what you will pay before the auction begins and don't get caught up in a bidding war. You may win the bid doing that but you will be the loser in the long run by paying way too much.
* You can make money buying at local auctions and selling at online auctions such as ebay. I will talk more about that on another page.
* Rundown furniture quite often can be bought at a cheap price and refurbished. You can refinish it or paint it and add decorative painting if you are artistically inclined. Take it to the flea market or an antique show (if it is an antique). Craft shows are also good for furniture with decorative painting.[an error occurred while processing this directive]
* You can sell your wares to a retail store or put them in a consignment shop. The consignment shop route may take longer than you like though. Make sure they are also reputable and know their policy about prices and paying before you consign to them.
* It's a good idea to specialize in one thing. Do pick something that people want and study, study, study. That way you can get to know your product really well and you don't end up with things you don't want. If you really are knowledgeable you can tell the fakes from the real thing.
* Once you are knowledgeable you may even be able to buy something at one local auction and sell at another local place.
* Accumulate items and hold your own estate /tag/garage sale right at your own home. It's a good idea to have someone help you with the sale.
* If you make a mistake while bidding at an auction tell the auctioneer right then and you won't have made a commitment. Nobody will get mad at you. It's better to do it then because if you wait until it's over that's too late.[an error occurred while processing this directive]
If you decide to make money doing this do go to some auctions to get a feel for it and see how it works. Go to your computer and check out ebay's online auction as well. Good luck. I hope you have lots of successful bids. All about ebay All about public auctions All about government auctions